Effective date: 02/02/2022
Calop Freight Services LLC and its affiliated companies and properties, (collectively, “Calop”, “we”, “us”, “our”), provide this notice explaining how we collect, use and disclose information when customers inquire about, use or purchase our products and services, and when carriers, drivers, warehouse personnel and distributors inquire about or move loads for or do business with Calop.
In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Apple, Google, Microsoft, Blackberry or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with our apps.
THE INFORMATION CALOP COLLECTS
Personal Information about Customers
In the course of inquiring about or using Calop’s Services, including registering on or using our websites (or downloading or using our mobile apps), you may be asked for, among other things, the following Personal Information: your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, fax number, business contact information, communication preferences and other registration information.
Calop may also request payment information that, in some cases, may constitute Personal Information.
In addition, Calop may obtain market data on customers and potential customers from third-party sources; this information may include limited Personal Information, such as contact details of company representatives.
Calop may also collect certain technical information when you visit or use our Services, including device information (such as the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, and regional and language settings), your Internet Protocol (IP) address and the domain name of your Internet service provider, aggregate data about the number of visits to a site or service, and/ or aggregate data about the pages visited. Where IP addresses or other technical information are deemed Personal Information under local law, Calop will treat this information as Personal Information. We may combine information we receive online with other information you have provided to us and with information from other sources to improve our knowledge of you, to help us provide quality service and to provide and customize our products and services. Where we combine non-personally identifiable online information with Personal Information, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
HOW CALOP USES THE INFORMATION
We and our service providers use Personal Information for legitimate business purposes, including:
• To provide the functionality of the Services;
• To provide the Services;
• To coordinate with shippers, consignees, carriers, drivers, warehouses, distributors and other supply-chain participants on the dispatch and delivery of loads;
• To tender loads to carriers;
• To accept requests to arrange transportation of shipments from customers;
• To track, text (SMS) message, call, and provide updates on or relating to the status and location of loads;
• To create and manage accounts (including online accounts);
• To perform auditing, invoicing, and reconciliation activities;
• To process claims received in connection with our services;
• To provide support to customers and carriers;
• To respond to inquiries, requests, questions and comments;
• To communicate by email, mobile text (SMS) messaging, push notification, telephone call or other means;
• To assist in the development of new products, services, website and apps and/or the improvement of our existing products, services, websites and apps;
• To protect the security or integrity of our products or services, and/or to enforce the terms governing their use;
• To detect and protect against safety threats or destruction of property, including threats to our IT systems and other assets;
• To detect and protect against fraud, criminal activity and other legal liabilities;
• To evaluate and improve our business operations and business intelligence, including our ability to address customer needs;
• To analyze for business reporting;
• To provide personalized services; and
• To ease use of our products, services, websites and apps by eliminating the need to re-enter information.
We engage in activities to manage our relationship with you, such as:
• To provide you with marketing materials at your request;
• To process and collect payments and to make payments; and
• To offer products or services that may be of interest at your request.
We engage in certain activities with your consent (where required by applicable law), including:
• To display website content customized to customer interests and preferences; and
• To obtain feedback and to support and enhance our sales, marketing and advertising efforts.
We also use Personal Information to comply with applicable law and our policies, and to cooperate with government officials or parties in litigation under process of law or regulation, or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
We may aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Information so that it will no longer be considered Personal Information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose, including, without limitation, to generate reporting and to improve the design and content of our products, services, websites and apps, and Calop may share this data with third-parties.
COLLECTION AND USE OF LOCATION DATA
Calop tracks the location of its shipper customers’ loads to help ensure a smooth delivery. Calop makes available different ways for carriers and drivers to choose to provide location updates on the Calop loads they are moving.
• By telephone calls, text messages, or website entries.
• Through electronic logging devices.
• Through connection to the carrier’s transportation management system or otherwise by the carrier, to provide location data of their drivers when they are moving loads for Calop.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may also disclose Personal Information, as necessary or appropriate, to comply with applicable law or regulations, including laws outside your country of residence; to cooperate with public and government authorities including law enforcement; to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim; or, as otherwise permitted or required by law.
In addition, Calop may disclose or transfer Personal Information to a third party in connection with any reorganization, joint venture, assignment or other disposition of all or any part of our business, assets, or stock, or if Calop or a Calop affiliate is acquired in whole or in part by or merged with another company. Such third parties may include, for example, an acquiring entity and its advisors.
Calop may send you communications by email, mobile text (SMS) messaging or telephone calls. You may opt out of such communications as described below. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you use certain Calop services, you may not opt out of mandatory service or administrative communications that are part of certain Calop services and are necessary for the performance of such services.
For customer care assistance with communications preferences, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Calop has implemented administrative, technical and organizational security measures designed to help protect your Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
Calop will collect and treat certain sensitive data. Such sensitive personal data is the one related with bank details.
Calop undertakes that personal data will be treated with strict security and confidentiality.